QuickBooks Quick Tips: How to Record Deposits
Recording deposits in your QuickBooks account is necessary to keep accurate record of your income.
Follow these simple steps to record deposits using QuickBooks.
- Under the Banking menu select Make Deposits.
- If the Payments to Deposit window opens, select the payment(s) you want to deposit. These are payments that were previously placed into Undeposited Funds. If the Payments to Deposit window does not open when selecting Make Deposits, it normally means there are no pending deposits.
- If necessary, change the Deposit To account and change the Date to the date you made your deposit.
- In the Received From drop down menu you may select the Customer: Job or Vendor. This is optional.
- Use the From Account drop down menu to select the account that should be credited for this deposit. For example, if this deposit is for services rendered it would be applied to your income account.
- If you choose, you may enter a note in the Memo section, a number under Chk No., and select a Payment Method.
- Enter the amount of the deposit.
- Only use the Cash back fields at the bottom of the deposit if cash back was received from your deposit.
- Choose either Save and Close, or Save and New if you would like to record another deposit.